Friday, June 24, 2011

windsor and churn

We were lucky enough to have two aunties come to town on the same day recently, so we took the occasion as a chance to try out a new restaurant nearby called The Windsor, and then hit up it's neighboring ice cream shop called Churn.  It is a cute little spot and it makes me so happy when I see people renovate run-down old store fronts instead of just tearing them down.  These two spots are owned by the same people who own Postino (where Zach used to work) so we know they do good work.  We are happy they have created another fun neighborhood hangout on our side of town.
They have a cool installation of old cassette tapes.
However, I have to say one of my favorite parts was the bathrooms.
Is it weird that I took pictures in there?
 This was the awesome wall paper:
 Oh yeah, and the food was really good, too.
The definite highlight was the Mac and Cheese.  
 And then we went for the ice cream.  
Jimmy chose chocolate, but I got a Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich with Coffee Ice Cream inside. Yum.
 Oh yeah, and my Dad has really embraced his inner scary old man.
Thanks. We loved being there.

1 comment: