Friday, February 12, 2010

family feud party


So my brother-in-law Peter has been having Family Feud Parties since college. (My team won once upon a time- so I must give a shout our to Bess, Becca, Bonnie, and Kathleen!) However, in the past few years it has become a bit more involved. He has made a very elaborate board and now there is a theme to the party every year. This year it was '80s and we were supposed to come as ' 80s groups. My team decided to do the Breakfast Club. We kind of had two many people so we decided to have multiple Molly Ringwalds from different movies. Our team was as follows: Zach was Andy (Emilio Estevez), I was Allison (Ally Sheedy), John Kesting was Brian (Anthony Michael Hall), Angela Kersting was Claire (Molly Ringwald), and Angela Weisse was Andie (aka Molly Ringwald in "Pretty in Pink"). Natalie Weisse was orginally come and she was going to be Molly Ringwald in Sixteen Candles and my brother was supposed to be Bender (aka Judd Nelson), but when he couldn't make it, my sister Emily was kind/brave enough to be our Bender even though she couldn't be on our team since she was Pete's assistant and knew all the answers (Her hair was much more Bender-ish anyway). We totally stunk as a team, but we didn't really care very much and still had lots of fun watching everyone else. All the teams got really into the costume, which I always appreciate. I forgot my camera so most of these are Emily's.
So we couldn't actually remember how this picture was posed, but I do think we captured the teenage angst.
I realize now I should have cut this shirt to look more accurate, but it was pretty much covered until the end of the night when I made him take this picture... He also let me straighten his hair--what a good sport. I actually kind of wanted to cut my hair like Ally Sheedy's just to be more authentic, but bangs are not something you can go back on. They didn't work for me in 4th Grade so I doubt they would now.
(Click on this to see it larger)
Good Times...
Now what is going to be the theme next year, Pete? I need to start planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment