Saturday, January 23, 2010

our tree

Jimmy loved our Christmas tree so much this year I was afraid he would cry when we took it down, but seeing as it is still in our backyard we have avoided that as of yet. We are planning on throwing it on the fire for Groundhog's Day so at least it will be a fun goodbye to the tree. I love Christmas trees so much, but it is a strange idea when you think about it. Jim Gaffigan was probably right when he said that it was probably something a drunk guy came up with (If you don't know what I am talking about watch THIS). But we ended up with a pretty good one this year. We probably paid to much for it, but it was for a charity so we felt to guilty to bargain. The branches were pretty much touching the floor so we had to put it up on a box so we could actually get some presents under there. It seemed to work and we got an extra foot or so that we didn't have to pay for which was nice. It was so fun having our first tree in our own house. Jimmy is old enough now to unpack all he ornaments and help hang them so it was a fun night. He wanted to help do everything from get the stand on to sweeping to hanging lights. Growing up, getting our tree was always one of my favorite nights of the year and it is so fun to be able to carry on that tradition with my own child.


Jimmy's new best friend, the Nutcracker.

So we hadn't actually hung the stockings or the picture on the wall, and of course, it is just a gas fireplace (for now), but I still love the picture because it helps to capture the mood of the night. I love having this in my house. I always wanted one at Christmas growing up. What is it about fireplaces? I love that such a simple thing can bring me so much happiness.

1 comment: