Sunday, September 19, 2010

splash pads

Why didn't they have these at parks when I was a kid?  It seems like "Splash Pads" are all over Phoenix now at parks and shopping centers.  They are a great way for the kids to cool down outdoors in the summertime. There is a great one at Tempe Beach Park that has a slide and waterfall, which we went to twice this summer, but I have never remembered my camera when we have gone.   These first pictures are for one at Altadena Park that we have gone to with some of my Mom's Group friends.  I have had them for so long that I figured I better just throw them into a post before summer ended. I guess it will officially end Sept 22 which is a few days away, but most people seem to think it ends after Labor Day or whenever school starts.  Here is Phoenix it seems to drag on forever sometimes. 
Jimmy is all about getting sprayed in the face:
Leah, however, doesn't actually like getting wet at the splash pad:
There are two splash pads at the Phoenix Zoo, one of which has caves, waterfalls, and slides and would have made the Zoo so much more appealing when I was a child. I think it is pretty impressive:
Going into the caves!
And coming out!
He loves it!
Here are some more zoo pictures because I don't want to do a different post for them:
Maddie kept kissing the baboon through the window which was cracking me up.
He was just sitting in the window for the longest time staring at the kids so they all got to pose with him.
He is actually supposed to be one of the most ferocious animals in the zoo, but the kids thought he was cool.
Lucia loved the monkeys and I can never resist taking pictures of them.
Lunch Time.
What a Grumpface my kid is sometimes.
We love our Mom's Group!

2 comments:

  1. That Grumpface photo actually made me laugh out loud. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the face had something to do with the 100+ heat? Great pics, Mary.

    ReplyDelete