Thursday, September 30, 2010

green room

Well, this summer I tried to be ambitious in painting my house.  I got three rooms done by the grace of God and by the last one my fat little pregnant body was ready to give up.  Still I love painting and I love the feeling of accomplishment you get after it is all done and looks so clean and pretty (it really is a good way to just make you house feel clean).  I started with Jimmy's room because he was very excited to help paint his room green (his favorite color) and he even helped pick out the exact shade which had a very cool name, "Dragon's Hide Green."  

Here is the room on the day we moved in:
Here it is once I got it decorated and while these pictures make it seem rather lovely compared to above (the lighting was good that day), the bland paint color and lack of contrast was driving me crazy:
Here it is all painted:

He loves it and still shows it off to any new visitor, so it was worth the effort.
(PS: Thanks Angela and Lucia for your help)

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome color and a great room. Well done Jimmy and Mary. Dragon hide. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog while doing a google search on this very paint. I think this is the color I will paint our nursery (expecting our first next June!). Thanks for posting pictures. It looks great and it's really helpful to see an entire wall this color!

    ReplyDelete