Monday, July 13, 2009

the coolest set-up ever!



Disneyland... Yes Disneyland. Jack and I had been talking about it pretty much since I moved back to Phoenix (but I think it has been a dream of mine since I was little). We used most of the toys owned by my family to create Disneyland on the Burch's porch. We used the Geo-Tracks to make the train around the outside and the Matterhorn; the Playmobiles provided the Castle, Tom Sawyers Island, and Pirates of the Caribbean, as well as being all of the Disneyland visitors; Little People buildings made up Main Street; the Burch's abundant supply of Disney toys took care of the characters; and what we didn't have we crafted from hand (my model building skills come in handy sometimes). The kids had so much fun with it, but I think the grown-ups (especially me) had a lot of fun too. It got a little crazy at times with so many kids of different ages trying to play in such a crowded area. Jack, being the meticulous set-up guy that he is (just like his god-mother), would try so hard to get all the characters set up just perfectly before Finn and Jimmy would plow through (I would really recommend this kind of set-up for kids over 3, but the little guys loved it too). Jack was very patient with it all and my sisters and I all had try to keep some order so toys wouldn't all get stepped on and ruined. But since Emily let it stay up for over a week, all the kids got plenty of time to enjoy it. They would wake up from their naps and run immediately to it. I am pretty sure it was a hit.




Okay, there are more pictures to come here, but I haven't gotten them from Emily yet. Check back soon for more... I would have just waited to post this, but I accidentally hit publish on one of the later posts I was working on so I figured I better publish all the things waiting in line behind it so they wouldn't be hidden and forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. you might just need to come to my house if you want pictures because it has made its way to the bottom of a somewhat long to-do list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary...that is an AMAZING set-up. Is it still up because I would fly down just to play with it...and to give Jimmy chips and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete