Thursday, October 14, 2010

fall free arts friday

We went with our Mom's Group to Free Arts Friday in Tempe that is a family event for preschool age kids to do arts and crafts and play games.  The theme for this one was "Fun of the Farm."   It was not really what I expected it to be, but Jimmy ended up having fun which is all that matters.  The kids got to dress up like cowboys and go on pretend pony rides.  Here Jimmy is with Maddie and Leah.
Jimmy really liked being a cowboy.  
The picture is a little fuzzy, but I thought it helped capture his excitement.
 Mostly, I was impressed by Jimmy's attentiveness to the crafts.  He sat for sooooo long coloring every inch of the pieces for his lamb and wanted no help from me.  All the other kids had moved onto and finished the next project, but he sat diligently until it was perfect (hmmm... where does he get this?).  
 Here is a picture of his final projects that are now on display on his closet door.
(Okay, the lamb reminds me of Donnie Darko a little bit, but as long as it doesn't scare him then I guess we are okay.... I wouldn't want to wake up to that in the middle of the night though).

No comments:

Post a Comment