Thursday, August 20, 2015

homeschool preschool: letters n thru z

N was for St. Nicholas and nuns.
O was for Octopus' and St. Olga...
P was for Painting and St. Patrick
Q was for St. Quintin...
(I guess I didn't take any pictures that day... Sorry Letter Q)
R was for Rosary (of Raisins) and St. Rosa of Lima.
Also for lots of running and racing...
S was for Stations of the Cross and St. Sebastian.
T was for the Trinity and St. Theresa...
We made up this Trinity craft since it was close to St. Patrick's Day...
U was for Umbrellas and St. Ursula...
V was Vatican City and St. Veronica...
W was for watermelon, the world, and St. William...
(some days we dress up during school)
Here the kids are singing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands"...
X, Y, and Z got joined together in one day (because gosh they are hard)
Gus made a St. Xavier spoon puppet and JoJo made a St. Zita
(and we still made our toilet roll Saints that included St. Yves for Y).
We told them letter Z got a surprise field trip for the last day.
Here is our complete set of Saints...
Now I just need to figure out what to do with them... and all the many crafts we have collected over the year.  I was hoping taking pictures of them all would be enough, but the kids don't seem to want to part with any of it.  I guess we will keep it all for now.  It was such a fun year and I am so glad we did it.  I feel blessed that I got to do it with such a great friend who was just as laid back/lazy as me about it.  Even with planning most things the night before or morning of, we managed to do a pretty great job and the kids loved it all.  It also helps that Gus and Josephine are such good kids and such good buddies.  We couldn't have asked for better students.  After it was all over, Suzanne and I went through a little bit of withdrawl on Thursdays.  I don't know what my plans are for Gus next year yet, but this will be hard to compete with.  More to come on our last day field trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment