Monday, November 8, 2010

gus comes home

After just one night in the hospital we were able to come home which was okay by me.  The hospital stay was nice and all, but I like my house better and Jimmy was missing us (and I missed him too).  Jimmy came home after a nice long day of playing with Mimi and Aunt Emmy to find the new person who will now be living in our house.  Fortunately, he was happy to see him.
Jimmy had decided awhile ago that he was going to give "Baby Glowworm" to the new baby so he was very excited when he got to do so.
He did however start giving Gus a lot of other stuffed animals and I had to explain that babies don't really need stuffed animals to sleep with, but that he was being a very nice and generous brother.  I don't think he really got it.
He also wanted to give Gus all of his "baby toys"...
Again, "He still can't play with them yet Buddy."
Jimmy was also very excited to come see Gus when he woke up in the morning.  
Now he wants to come see him first thing every morning.
Gus' first morning at our house was a lovely one.  We all sat outside for awhile and enjoyed our beautiful new winter grass (surely a crazy concept to some of you, but it sure makes me happy).
Zach only got two days off of work, so Uncle Danny came and hung out during his time off of work.  He played with Jimmy until nap time and then Gus took a nice long nap on him.  What a good brother I have!
Aunt Erin came on the weekend for a quick trip so she could meet the little guy.  Thanks for making the effort sister! 
I love you and can't wait to see you again at Thanksgiving.
I have been lucky to have lots of help from my family and so many friends have been bringing over meals which is so very helpful.  It feels like such a crazy and busy time, but we have been having fun and have been trying to just enjoy it.  Let the dishes and laundry pile up!  My house is a mess, but I have a cute little baby to play with and I can blame it all on him... as opposed to usual when I have no good excuse and still haven't done the dishes or laundry.  
And my dad thinks it is hilarious when Gus falls asleep in funny positions.
He is more of a thumb sucker than Jimmy, but he only does it when he is laid on his belly... I think that is the only way he can keep it in his mouth.  When he is sitting up it always seems to fall out.  It is pretty cute right now, but let's hope it doesn't last.
And then when I had a little time with him by myself, we had a photo shoot to try to capture some of those cute expressions.
Here is my favorite:
I am so glad I caught him with his eyes open and a smile!
Jimmy kind of wants Gus to do everything with him all the time which is nice, but a little tricky sometimes.  Again, Jimmy is still loving him a little too aggressively.  What starts out as a rub of the cheek slowly turns into Jimmy leaning on Gus' entire head.  It is sort of like Jimmy knows he loves him, but he also knows he resents him a little too. So what starts out as nice slowly turns into a way to express his anger.  
He says, "I was just giving him a little love."... a little too much love.  
Oh, well it could be a lot worse.  I know they will be best friends some day.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE those green pants. And you're so great for already catching a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, they are precious!!! I love how enthusiastic Jimmy is about his sweet little Gus!

    ReplyDelete